March 20, 2015

Papercraft American Bison Skull

Faceted paper sculpture animals seem to be quite popular these days. This papercraft buffalo skull is one I find more interesting than most. I can easily see this as a decorative piece in a home with a southwestern theme. The creator of this papercraft based his design on a 3D model found on the Thingiverse website. The 3D model, in turn, was created from a 3D scan of a actual bison skull. Papercraft templates for the skull may be downloaded here. Photos by Gedelgo.

7 comments:

  1. Ooooh, so nice. Thanks for finding this one! I definitivly want this hanging at my wall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "403 ERROR
    The request could not be satisfied." :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried just now and the download worked just fine. It must be a temporary error. Please try again.

      Delete
  3. I also cannt download them, same error as up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a different error than the one above. The link has been updated. Please try again.

      Delete
  4. The pieces aren't numbered, how are we to know how to glue them lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Open the PDO file in the free Pepakura Viewer program. Select a piece in the 2D view and it will show you in the 3D view where it goes. Also, I think Pepakura Viewer allows you to turn tab numbers on in the 2D view?

      Delete