May 3, 2009

Amazing Origami Trilobite

A couple of weeks ago I did a post on a papercraft trilobite. However, I am much more impressed with this origami trilobite designed and folded by Sipho Mabona in 2008. The trilobite was wet folded from a single 24.4" (62 cm) square of paper. The level of detail of the legs on the underside is truly amazing. I don't think I have the time or the patience to attempt one of these myself, but if you would like to try, Mabona has provided a folding template here. Mabona also has done some other incredible origami animals as well which can be seen in his flickr gallery here.

2 comments:

  1. I must say that this is, truly, a piece of beauty. What craftsmanship. Too bad I DONT have the time or inclination to take on such a remarkable papercraft. Thanks for including the designers site. Loved his stuff. Its a feast for the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A feast for the eyes... I agree with you 100% LA!

    ReplyDelete